This is a comprehensive workout for those weeks when you’re up against the clock, but you have a gym available, and just need a total body blitz!
A total of 30 – 45 minutes, depending on how many sets you can do!
Go hard - Then go home!
- 3 second Press-Up and TRX Reverse Row Superset: Press-ups, dropping slowly down for a count of three and exploding up, till failure. Followed immediately by TRX Rows.Repeat for 15 reps over 2-3 sets, with a tempo of 2 seconds out, 2 seconds in for the rows.
- Chin-ups with Knee Tuck – Single Arm Row: Taking a firm grip of the Chin Up Bar, pull yourself up until your chest is between the rings and bring your knees up as high as you can, before lowering yourself back to straight arms slowly.Then take one 10kg dumbbell, and leaning down on the bench with one knee and hand, maintaining a straight back, pull the dumbbell up until your elbow is just behind your back, keeping your wrist close to your side throughout. Then lower the weight slowly back to the starting position until your arm is straight.Repeat for 15 reps over 2-3 sets, with a tempo of 2 seconds out, 2 seconds in.
- Get Up, Get Downs: 2-3 sets of 15 reps/leg: Kneel on the floor and then bring one foot forward into lunge position. Stand up from here, standing up straight, and then return to the starting position.Repeat 15 reps each leg.
- Jump on the bike and beginning spinning. After a 45 second warm up at 50% of your max effort, increase your speed to 80-90% of your max effort and maintain for 45 seconds.Return to 50% for 45 seconds before repeating.
- Wood-Chops: 2-3 sets of 15 reps: Using a 6kg Medicine Ball, swing the ball from just in front of one knee to the opposite shoulder, finishing above head-height. Accelerate on the way up, slam on the breaks before you twist past your shoulders, and then return to the start slowly.
- Roll with The punches: 2-3 sets of 20 reps with 5kg Dumbbells: Standing with feet shoulder width apart, imagine a line at head height, keeping the dumbbells tucked into your torso, then duck underneath this line and roll your shoulder forward, to turn and punch the dumbbells towards the ceiling in an uppercut motion. Return to the middle and go straight into the next rep, to the other side, without stopping.
- Ball Crunches: 2-3 sets of 15 reps: Sitting on the grey beach ball, roll forward until you feel the ball filling the small of your back. Then with hands across your chest, crunch upward, squeezing your abdominal at the top of each rep. Slow, controlled movements are the key to wash board abs!!
- Reverse Curls: 2-3 sets of 15 reps: Lying on your back, place your hands at your sides for support, then with your legs together, pull your knees up to your chest, and then lower them down slowly. Your feet should never touch the ground.A decent stretch out after, for all major muscle groups: 15 – 20 sec each.